DUE TO THE ONGOING SITUATION WITH COVID-19, WE ARE UNABLE TO OFFER ANY WORK EXPERIENCE OR COLLEGE PLACEMENTS THIS YEAR.
We are thrilled that you're interested in volunteering at Hopefield Animal Sanctuary and we'd like to thank you for your interest. During these strange times, we are only looking to fill long-term placements within our organisation, and for specific roles that we have available. If you are not successful with one position, please do not let that put you off applying for a different one - spaces are limited, however we will try to accommodate as many people as possible!
Hopefield is looking for talented individuals who are interested in helping us improve our enrichment program.
Are you resourceful? Do you enjoy challenges? Do you own or have connections with businesses who are looking to give back and donate to a local charity?
Please get in touch with us if you’re someone who can do the following:
- Create enrichment from items such as cardboard boxes, toilet roll tubes and other safe, household items
- Speak to local companies to see if they would like to donate toys, treats or resources to the sanctuary
- Research new and cost-effective ways to stimulate our animals
- Source and build large enrichment pieces such as platforms, ponds, pools, swings or other items of this nature
- Create fundraisers for enrichment projects, resources, toys and treats
Please note that there is no budget for buying materials or items. We are happy to put any funds raised aside for enrichment use only.
If you are interested please send us an email outlining what you can offer to email@example.com - we would love to hear from you!
Food Collection Volunteer
We're looking for people to pick up food donations from St Peters Church in Hutton anytime after 12pm and before 3pm. This can be any day of the week (excluding Sunday) and can change depending on your availability. Please be aware that sometimes there can be quite a large amount of food to bring back, so a large car with plenty of space would be practical.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org to register your interest, along with your contact number, and we can then add you to the food collection group chat.
Office Assistant Volunteer
Saturdays & Sundays (9am – 4pm)
- Answering the phone
- Monitoring the booking system
- Printing out list of attendees (reference codes) for Mary at the entrance
- Maintain sponsor packs in the Gift Shop (make up packs)
- Create, print, and laminate signs when needed by staff
Position may evolve to include more responsibilities.
Second-Hand Shop Sorting & Online Selling Volunteer
- Sort through donations that are at the sanctuary
- Steam clothing before it’s advertised
- Sell the items through Facebook & eBay
- Knowledge of pricing items would be preferred but not essential
No specific dates or hours – can be flexible to what you can do.
We do offer corporate volunteering days, however, being a charity, we cannot fund the work that's being undertaken e.g. materials etc, so ask for organisations to bring funding along with them.
Please contact us at email@example.com.